Updated: April 19, 2021
Impacked Inc. 201 Varick St FRNT 1 #908 New York, NY 10014 firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
We use your personal information to carry out the obligations arising from providing and improving the Service. This section describes the types and categories of personal information we may collect, and how we may use that information.
Information you provide us directly
We collect personal information that you provide when you sign up or otherwise use the Service. We use this personal information in a variety of ways, and these include the following:
- email Newsletters: We may offer email newsletters from time to time on our Service. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your email address and may use that email address to contact you.
- User Accounts and Profiles: Our Service gives you the ability to register for a Company account or to create and update a user profile on the applicable Service. When you sign up for the Service we will collect the personal information that you provide to us in the course of registering for an account or creating or updating a user profile. This information may include name, postal address, telephone number, email address, your professional title, your company, interests you express in different products and services and related demographic information about you. We may indicate that some personal information is required for you to register for the account or to create the profile, while some is optional.
- Interactive Features: Our Service may contain interactive functionality that allows you to engage with other users on the Service, post comments to forums, to upload photographs and other content (the “User Materials”), participate in surveys, and otherwise to interact with the Service and with other users. If you use any interactive functionality on our Service that requests or permits you to provide us with personal information (including, for example, any services that allow you to post User Materials on our Service), we collect the personal information that you provide to us in the course of using these interactive features.
- Correspondence: If you contact us by email, using a contact form on the Service, or by mail, fax, or other means, we collect the personal information contained within and associated with, your correspondence (the “Correspondence”).
Automatically collected information
Cookies and Similar Technologies
How do we use personal information?
We collect personal information when you register for access to the Site as a member, or when you update your account information. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- We use Personal Information to provide the Service and the information that you request.
- We link this personal data to data about the way you use our Service and the pages you visit to help enhance, improve, operate, and maintain our Service, our programs, services, websites, and other systems.
- to prevent fraudulent use of our Service and other systems.
- to tailor advertisements, content, and other aspects of your experience on and in connection with the Service.
We may also use the personal information you provide to contact you regarding products, services, and offers, both from ourselves and from third parties, that we believe you may find of interest. We allow you to opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us as described in the “Communication choices” section below, and also at the time you sign up and create a profile in the Service.
Legal basis for processing in the EU
If you are resident in the EU, we need to inform you about the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information. In the EU, the purposes for which we process your personal information are:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you for the Service.
- For the purposes of legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in the EU.
We use legitimate interest as the legal basis for processing your personal information when you create a profile and use the Service, when we receive information from an Integrated Network, when you contact us via Correspondence and when we are processing other automatically collected information such as IP addresses and usage information, as required to provide the Service.
You may be subject to a separate contractual agreement with Us, and if so we use the performance of a contract as the legal basis for processing.
When do we share personal information?
- Service Providers: We may disclose personal information to third-party service providers (e.g., payment processing and data storage and processing facilities) that assist us in our work. We limit the personal information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such personal information.
- Suppliers, Producers, and Distributors: We help customers find suppliers of products and services that meet their needs. An inherent part of that business model is marketing our Service and sharing customer data with our client companies to enable their follow-up sales and marketing activities. These companies may include suppliers of products and services that are listed on our Service, including their distributors and affiliates. These companies may send product samples, documents, or otherwise follow up on products or services the member has expressed an interest in, either implicitly or explicitly.
- Public Areas and Syndicated Services: Some features of our Service may allow you to upload, post, or otherwise transmit User Materials to public areas of the Service, such as content that you post in a public profile on the Service. Please be aware that any personal information that you include within any User Materials will be made available to other users of the Service who view it. You include Personal Information in User Materials at your sole risk. We may allow you to select privacy options that limit access to some types of personal information in User Materials, but no security measures are impenetrable or perfect. Additionally, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot warrant or guarantee that any personal information that you provide on and in connection with the Service will not be accessed, viewed, or used by unauthorized persons.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- To Protect our Interests: We also disclose personal information if we believe that doing so is legally required, or is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of our Service and other users of the Service.
- To Comply with the Law: We may also disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time (e.g., by postal mail) by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com. or by writing to us at the address given in the ‘Contacting us’ section of this policy.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial email from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding your use of the Service.
Rights to access
If you have a user account and profile on our Service, you have the ability to access and update many categories of personal information that you provide to us by logging in to your account and accessing your account settings. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that we delete your account with our Service (via a user settings page, by email, or otherwise), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Links to external sites
The Service may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. The Service also may contain links to Third-Party Sites such as social networking services. If you choose to visit or use any Third-Party Sites or products or services available on or through such Third-Party Sites, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using those Third-Party Sites or any products or services available on or through such Third-Party Sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third-Party Sites or any products or services on or through them. Additionally, please be aware that the Service may contain links to Web sites and services that we operate but that are governed by different privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies applicable to any website or service you visit other than the Service before providing any personal information on them.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
Aggregated and anonymized data that no longer identifies the user of the Service is maintained for the purposes necessary to provide the Service.
EU privacy rights
If you are located in the EU, you have the following Data Subject Access Rights with respect to your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access: The right to obtain access to your personal information.
- Right to rectification: The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction: The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to portability: The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal information easily from one organization to another.
- Right to object: You have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and direct marketing.
What is our policy on children?
Children’s safety is important to us, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active interest in the online activities of their children. Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16 on our Services, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected any such personal information on our Services, please notify us at email@example.com..
Where do we store and process your personal information?
- Our servers and data centers are located in the United States. If you choose to use the Service from outside the U.S., then you should know that you are transferring your personal information outside of your region and into the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of the Service, you agree and consent to that transfer, storage, and processing in the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
Jurisdiction and Enforcement
- For European Union residents, you have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
- We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit JAMS at: https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint.
- Under certain conditions specified by the Principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint.
California privacy disclosures
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California Customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, subject to certain exceptions. In general, subject to certain exceptions, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide, free of charge, a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org..
How we secure your personal information?
To help protect your data, we use commercially reasonable steps to protect the data that we collect, including your personal information. The reasonable steps include protecting this data against accidental loss, unauthorized use, and disclosure, and restricting access to personal information by our staff. The Service is hosted by a third-party hosting company that we have determined maintains adequate security controls. We also require all staff that administer and develop the service follow industry-standard controls, including strong passwords, the use of anti-virus and anti-malware software, and other best practices.
We use various 3rd party processors to enable us to provide the Service, and as part of our vendor due-diligence, we review the security controls these processors have in place and ensure they meet industry standards appropriate for the type of data we collect.
You should keep in mind, however, that the Service utilizes software, hardware, and networks, which from time to time require maintenance and experience problems beyond our control. Note that no data transmission over the public internet or encryption method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You transmit information to us at your own risk.
Updates to this Policy